Information overload... So much to learn, I don't know where to start... If I start, I have to commit to doing it routinely and I just don't know if I want to do that...
Have you heard these things running around the halls of your brain lately?
I have found an easy solution for designers that need more clients. Sound good? Good!
Face It Head on
Our dog Bruno has a morning routine. It consists of sticking his nose anywhere he can. He has no fear either. Rosebushes? No problem! Compost can? Of course! Cobweb infested corners along the fence? His favorite! Let's strive to be the Brunos of our businesses, social media branding included. It isn't the most comfortable place, but it is doable with this checklist.
- Make a list of what social media platforms you are not using to drive traffic to your website.
- Identify the platform you check most, or the one you want to start with.
- Look at this one platform as an opportunity to design something cool for your business.
- Go to Canva.com
- Sign up.
- Pick the platform template that you will be designing for.
- Upload your own photos that fit the vibe of your business or buy from Canva for $1 each.
- Go for images that inspire an emotional response.
- Add a catchy title that appeals to your target audience and gets them thinking.
- Include the top three services you provide. Keep your messages on the right side of the image, since most platforms have a space for a profile pic or logo on the left.
- Finish off with what you want your audience to do next. Add "Click here" and then the call to action.
- When you are ready, move onto the second platform...and so on. See my newly designed Facebook cover photo below, using the steps I outlined above.
Facebook and Twitter are done. But, as I was going through the process, I saw a need. I seemed to discover one of the achilles heels' of designers, which is strategic social media designs...in my opinion. I really had fun using Canva and frankly I am surprised because I always thought that since I was a designer, this was like cheating!
It is not. It saved me time. I loved it! You will too.